[css-text-decor] Shorthand behavior for 'text-decoration'

From: Tavmjong Bah <tav.w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:01:22 +0100
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

At the joint CSS/SVG meeting at TPAC we agreed to add the properties
'text-decoration-fill' and 'text-decoration-stroke' which apply to both
SVG and HTML.[1] We discussed having 'text-decoration-color' be a
shorthand that sets 'text-decoration-fill' to to its value and
'text-decoration-stroke' to none.

Question: How does the shorthand 'text-decoration' behave?

The easiest and most straight-forward option is to restrict the
shorthand to setting a single color value for the fill (and the value
none for the stroke). Anything more complicated should be set by the
long-hand properties (recall that in SVG, a fill or stroke takes a
<paint> which can have multiple layers[2]).

[1] http://www.w3.org/2014/10/31-fx-minutes.html
[2] https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/painting.html#SpecifyingPaint