Re: [css-content] Inserting and replacing content with the 'content' property

> On 12 Nov 2014, at 12:05, Bruce Lawson <brucel@opera.com> wrote:
>
> On 12 November 2014 07:55, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>> but there are legitimate compat reasons why we might not be able to
>
> I don't recall there being many in our site compat database.

This is a very good news.

> And you'd
> imagine they'd be fixed pretty fast, as the sole purpose of that code
> was to do a clearfix, which it didn't.

I wouldn’t be so sure. Dead code which has no effect can easily stay around for a long time. And if it starts breaking, due to changes in browsers support, it’ll only get fixed if the page is maintained. But then again, you know way more about getting people to fix their site than I do, so I’m probably wrong :)

 - Florian