Re: [css-pseudo] please make sure pseudo-element "alt" property makes it into next ED

On 11/6/14, 2:05 AM, "Daniel Glazman"

>On 06/11/2014 08:46, Peter Linss wrote:
>
>> The problem with this is what if only one of the images loads? What is
>>the proper alternative representation?
>>
>> It would be better to include the alt text in an ‘image()’ function (or
>>equivalent), binding the alt text to the image it’s for:
>> .new.warning {
>> 	content: image(“new.jpg”, “new") image(“warning.jpg”, “warning”);
>> }
>
>Yes.

The problem I see with this idea is that image() is used in a lot of
places where alt text does not and should not apply. Tying alt text to
'content’ lets us scope the alt text application to where it actually has
an effect.

Thanks,

Alan