Re: [css-pseudo] please make sure pseudo-element "alt" property makes it into next ED

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 01:26:02 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
On 05/11/2014 22:17, Alan Stearns wrote:

>> p.new.important::before {
>>    content: url(warning.png) url(new.png);
>> }
> Ah, sorry. I thought you were talking about fallbacks, not more than one
> image being displayed.
> I don’t see an issue with this case. You have three selectors setting
> three different content values. You can easily add three separate alt
> values. Of course, this works just fine with alt being a separate property
> *or* being an additional value on the content property (perhaps separated
> by an 'alt' keyword?)

This is something you don't get: the three rules I wrote should not set
3 different alt values but 4. The one quoted above does not define one
single alt but two for two different images. The way a content reader
will pronounce them is different from "warning new" or "warning. new."
It will add some mention saying these are two different texts because
it's important to the listener. So the only possibility for the alt is
to be carried by the url() notion.