Re: box-sizing and text in value attribute of input element

> On 05 Nov 2014, at 18:26, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU> wrote:
>
> On 11/5/14, 12:20 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:
>> Seems like some replaced elements (i.e., inputs, but not textareas) have an absolute minimum height of their content height
>
> That's clearly not true, unless you think this absolute minimum height
> mechanism somehow shrinks the used padding...

It rather seems to me that the cotent area stays at 0 (and the padding stays unchanged), but that the replaced element overflows it, since it doesn’t fit at its minimum size (in non gecko browsers).

That said, the overflow mechanism involved here does seem a bit unusual, since it doesn’t seem to respond to the overflow property.

 - Florian