Re: [css-pseudo][cssom] PseudoElement vs CSSPseudoElement

On 05/11/2014 01:25, Brian Birtles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> CSSOM defines PseudoElement:
>
>    http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/#the-pseudoelement-interface
>
> CSS Pseudo-Elements defines CSSPseudoElement:
>
>    http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-pseudo/#CSSPseudoElement-interface
>
> Which spec is going to define this?
>
> Similarly, CSSOM defines Element.pseudo(type) while CSS Pseudo-Elements
> defines Window.getPseudoElements(elem, type) for what seems to be the
> same purpose. [Also, I notice that Window.getPseudoElements() takes a
> type, then returns a list that can be filtered by type which seems odd
> to me.]

Hi Brian,

Both definitions are only proposals at this time. The former has never
been published in a WD, the latter is in a spec that never reach WD
before... So if your question is "which one should I implement?", I
guess the answers is "none at this time". I am going to work on the
CSS OM, because what we have nowadays is so weak and I could even
say rotten it's almost not usable. We probably to need to rethink it
from scratch.

</Daniel>