Re: CSS Outline behaviour when border radius is set

> On May 16, 2014, at 10:10 AM, Deepak Singla <deepak.sa@samsung.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I was working on some outine properties. I came across a case where border-radius is set.
>
> If we specify outine for that particular element, how should the outline behave?
>
> Should outline always  follow border radius? If not, what does spec have to say about that?
>

> Thank You & Regards
>
> Deepak Singla

I'd much prefer it to follow the curve, but I don't think it does so in any browsers. So I think it is left intentionally unspecified until an 'outline' itself is updated in some future spec.

I sometimes end up using box-shadow instead for this reason, but box-shadow doesn't have the ability to offset the way outline does.