Re: [css-flexbox] Edits to testsuite have broken some submitted tests

Le 2014-05-22 13:39, Daniel Holbert a écrit :
> On 05/22/2014 10:21 AM, Gérard Talbot wrote:
>> One importantissimo detail.
>>
>> If the src file is an XHTML file, then

> [...]
>> http://testthewebforward.org/docs/test-templates.html#including-styles
>>
>> should be used so that problem-free XHTML-to-HTML autoconversion can
>> be
>> done.
>
> Thanks. Does this mean I should operate under the assumption that all
> submitted XHTML tests are going to be autoconverted and displayed as
> HTML, then?

Personally, I recommend to create and submit all tests in XHTML1 (this
is what I do myself) because

1- the tests will be converted in HTML; in HTML4.01 strict or in HTML5.
Right here, I do not have to know about which particular HTML format
2- after installing HTML Validator 0.9.5.8
http://users.skynet.be/mgueury/mozilla/
, I can see immediately - as I code tests - if there is one single
validation error or problem with tests. This, I would not be able to see
if I was choosing HTML5 for my tests
3- Thanks to Link Widgets 1.7.0.1
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/link-widgets/
, I can switch to reference files of reftests very easily and quickly

Things to remember.

Use
]]></style>

Use Test Template.

Avoid underscore character in file name; use hyphen instead. This is a
frequently seen issue.

If you use HTML5, then systematically include <meta charset="utf-8"> as
first element of the <head> block. This is especially important if your
tests does not use english

eg:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>