Re: [css-flexbox] Edits to testsuite have broken some submitted tests

Le 2014-05-22 13:07, Daniel Holbert a écrit :
> On 05/22/2014 09:56 AM, Gérard Talbot wrote:
>> In the following order:
>>
>> - to test creators themselves [Addendum: that's you!!]
>
> Yup! And I'm happy to do local fixes, if I can find the updated version
> of the file to fix. :)
>
>> - to Public CSS Test suite mailing list
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/
>
> Thanks -- I'll direct future similar questions there instead of to
> www-style.
>
>> - to Peter Linss if you suspect some kind of XHTML-to-HTML
>> autoconversion issue or bug
>
> OK. It sounds like that process might be what's involved here. Do these
> tests *need* to be HTML (not XHTML), by the way?
>
>> I'm not 100% sure of your question (by live, I assume you mean the
>> latest and most recent version of tests originally submitted)
>
> I'm asking where the files that I linked in my first message on this
> thread (and linked from the flexbox ED spec) are tracked / managed.
>
> For reference, here's the link to one such file (in the testsuite):
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-flexbox-1_dev/nightly-unstable/html/reference/flexbox-align-self-vert-4-ref.htm
>
> Note that this file ends in .htm, not .xhtml.

One importantissimo detail.

If the src file is an XHTML file, then

     CSS FOR TEST
]]></style>

http://testthewebforward.org/docs/test-templates.html#including-styles

should be used so that problem-free XHTML-to-HTML autoconversion can be
done.

Here's one possible problem in

http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/testcase/flexbox-align-self-vert-4/
:

line 15 <style>
line 16 .flexbox {
(...)
line 27 .flexbox > div {

The ">" at line 27 can or will most likely cause issues because it is
not wrapped inside an
<![CDATA[
]]>
block .

>> but the src of tests
>> flexbox-align-self-vert-4.xhtml
> [...]
>
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/mozilla/submitted/mozilla-central-reftests/
>
> Right, those are the working .xhtml versions, not the converted/broken
> .htm versions. I'm looking for where the .htm versions were added &
> where *they* are tracked.

As I understand this, the .htm versions can not be tracked. There is
only 1 src for all tests and they are converted into HTML4 and/or HTML5
and/or XHTML1 versions.

One last remark. For conversion of tests into HTML4 or HTML5 or XHTML1
versions, it is very important to follow and comply with Test Format
guidelines.

In order to avoid unnecessary issues or problems (of various nature), it
is best to follow and comply with Test Format guidelines.

The file name format is test-topic-###.ext
so I would be enclined to believe that

flexbox-align-self-vert-4.xhtml

is not best.

align-self-vert-004.xhtml