Re: why not MediaQueryList.onchange

On Monday 2014-05-19 21:45 +0900, Simon Pieters wrote:
> Yes. The wording in the resolution might not include it but we
> discussed it and my understanding is that we're adding .onchange
> also.

Are those single-event-listener properties really best practice for
adding new event types?  They seem rather like footguns, in that
they break if more than one caller tries to use them (although
admittedly that's a bit less of a problem for MediaQueryList objects
since they're likely created by the same caller, at least in their
current use).

(I don't recall that part of the discussion, though I was searching
list archives for a bit of it.)

-David

--
๐„ž   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   ๐„‚