[css-counter-styles] the term "negative-capable" is confusing

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 15:03:11 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
I find the term "negative-capable" defined in
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-counter-styles/#negative-capable to be
quite confusing when I see it outside of the context of its
definition (particularly in code).

In particular, negative-capable sounds like a construct that relates
to the range of a counter style, which this concept does not.

As an alternative, I'd suggest the term "uses a negative sign".

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.