Re: [css-ruby] About Ruby anonymous box creation.

Dear Koji,

I agree that current algorithm of ruby segmentation and categorisation
is complex and could be obstacle of facilitating implementation by
brower vendors. However, I also doubt that treating unpairable ruby as
"irregular" and "undefined" and leave its interpretation to CSS Ruby,
as it could be a violation of leaving semantic interpretation to CSS,
that should only focus on a presentational interpretation.

On the other hand, if my proposal posted in
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Mar/0392.html] is
incorporated into CSS Ruby, then I believe that it safely complements
current HTML5 CR ruby segmentation and categorisation algorithm, so
that current denotational and algorithmic specification to can be
unnecessary.

As of it, my opinion on my proposal is that,

as soon as [www-style/2014Mar/0392.html] is incorporated into CSS
Ruby, make HTML5 Ruby spec to only explain the semantic interpretation of
ruby in basic mannar (and optional, as non-supported browser
still be able to dsiplay it properly with <rp> tags), and refer CSS
Ruby for strict interpretation. In this way, all ruby-related
non-parser tests will become a part of CSS tests, but not HTML tests.
This will make implementation of brower much easier.

Robin, Fantasai, Ihii-san, and Ishida-san, if possible, can we discuss
on this issue in telephone meeting? My main concern is to make
implementation of HTML5 ruby much easier to browser vendors while
pertaining its abilities.

Regards,