Re: [css-counter-styles] position keywords in list-style

On 30/03/2014 04:33, Xidorn Quan wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 9:54 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com
> <mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Simon's right, and I've now amended Counter Styles to define
>     <counter-style-name> as a <custom-ident>.
>

> As to be a <custom-ident>, valid value for <counter-style-name> is
> narrowed significantly. css3-values says CSS-wide keywords and 'default'
> are not valid <custom-ident>. Is it what we expect?

Yes, this is intended. The idea is to make things like 'list-style-type:
initial' unambiguous.

> If yes, you may add a note and remove 'initial' from the note in the
> bracket.

Are you referring to this?

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-counter-styles/#the-counter-style-rule
> (Note, however, that some names, like inside or initial, might
> conflict with the existing values of properties like list-style, and
> thus won’t be usable there.)

It looks to me that you’re right. If <counter-style-name> being a
<custom-ident> also applies to

   @counter-style <counter-style-name> { <declaration-list> }

then the quoted text needs to be updated.

--
Simon Sapin