Re: [css-variables] do we need to have the CSSVariableMap at all?

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering whether we need to have the CSSVariableMap at all.  What does
> it make easier that you can't do by interacting with the declaration object
> itself?  To look up and set individual variables, you can do
> decl.setProperty("var-x", "something") and decl.getPropertyValue("var-x").
>
> The CSSVariableMap would make it easier to get an iterator for the
> variables, but I'm struggling to see when you'd want to do that.

I've removed the CSSVariablesMap.  As you point out, it doesn't
actually do much useful.  I expect to replace it in the future with
something more tailored for JS handling of custom properties.  For
now, the existing CSSOM methods for getting/setting properties can be
used on custom properties as usual.