Re: [css3-writing-modes] i18n-ISSUE-279: text-combine-horizontal & full/half-width characters

Section 9.1.3.1 Full-width Characters
http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/CR-css-writing-modes-3-20140320/#text-combine-fullwidth

I still find this a little confusing in the CR version of the spec.  I
think the phrase:

" when the combined text consists of more than one character, then any
full-width characters must first be converted to their non-full-width
equivalents"

suggests, with the example that follows, and that uses
text-combine-upright: digits 2;, that ordinary full-width characters in
the content are affected by the digits keyword. Whereas, i suspect that
what is meant is

" when the combined text consists of more than one character, then any
properties that would display non-full-width characters as full-width
characters must be disabled by text-combine-upright"

Having said that, I don't think that the description of
text-combine-upright:all is terribly clear.  It says:

"Attempt to typeset horizontally all consecutive characters within the
box such that they take up the space of a single character within the
vertical line box."

but I think it should probably say "all consecutive non-full-width
characters" shouldn't it?

I'm hoping I've correctly understood the intent here.

RI