Re: [css-line-grid] box-snap or block-snap

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 8:30 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:

> 1. I think that aligning the first baseline of the block to a grid line
> would be useful.
>
> This could be a 'baseline' or 'first-baseline' value. It might also be
> useful to snap the last baseline, but I'm less certain about that.

Aligning to the first baseline would be useful for almost all books.

Footnotes are an example of where we would want the last baseline of
the box containing the footnote to align to a baseline grid. I've seen
lots of designs where other text elements (pull quotes, sidebars) sit
at the bottom of a page, and it would be appropriate to align to the
last baseline.

Thanks,

Dave