[css-figures] Re: [css-writing-modes] the caption-side keywords

MURAKAMI-san wrote:

 > BTW, the 'float' property will have same problem when 'top' and 'bottom'
 > (or 'block-start' and 'block-end') values are added.
 > I discussed with Håkon about this.
 > His idea is 'top' = 'block-start' (aliases). See:
 > http://figures.spec.whatwg.org/#floating-to-the-top-bottom:-float

Yes, 'block-start' and 'block-end' seems like viable alternatives. If
so, do we also need 'before' and 'after' as aliases? Although the cost
of an alias is quite low, there is still a cost.

One issue may be with the 'top-bottom' and 'bottom-top' keywords
(which were added in response to a use case described in [1]). If we
simply expand the keywords, we would get:

  top-bottom = block-start-block-end
  bottom-top = block-end-block-start

Which is longer, and perhaps not so intuitive.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Sep/0419.html

-h&kon