Re: Forward compatibility and custom things

On Mar 16, 2014 11:24 AM, "François REMY" <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
wrote:

> I'm not sure vendor-prefixed things are "custom". They are just not
standardized, which is different; remember when everyone pondered
supporting some "-webkit-" properties?

That's an anomaly that was reacting to a problem we addressed otherwise,
more sanely IMO. They are called extensions and author extensions is just
about what they are.

> Also:
> - "Don't use vendor prefixes, '-webkit-xyz' is bad"
> - "Please use custom things, '--abc-xyz' is good."
>
> Associating the two looks odd to me.

That's a fair enough position to hold.  I don't think it convinces me, but
I can understand it.

> That being said, I don't oppose to "--" as a prefix, it's still better
than "var-", I just think it is not the best parallel one could draw.