RE: [css3-flexbox] flex-direction values are confusing

> From: brille1@hotmail.com
> Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 13:51:05 +0100
>
> This is quite contrary to my observation. When working with databases,
> spreadsheets and their corresponding frameworks, columns are always
> horizontally arranged (where, e.g., Column A is the leftmost column) and
> rows are vertically arranged (where, e.g., Row #0 is the uppermost row).
>
> Even the HTML table layout (colspan, rowspan) works according to my
> observation, and, as far as I can see, in contrast to the flex-direction.

Maybe the difference here is singular vs plural; columns are laid out horizontally but a column layouts out things vertically. when I set flex-direction on a container to "column" it makes sense to me that its contents are thus arranged vertically.

--
James Ross (james@james-ross.co.uk)