Re: [cssom] CSSNamespaceRule

On Tue, 2014-03-11 at 20:52 +0100, Daniel Glazman wrote:
[...]
> No that's not workable for the following scenario: you create a html
> doc with its stylesheet (for the html elements) ; an other contributor
> wants to add a SVG image and style it in the existing stylesheet.
> Blocker...

Yeah, you'd have to copy everything from the existing stylesheet into
the new one after setting up the namespace mapping, I think.

But even if you can do that I agree with you it's crazy.

We had this in XQuery and XPath at one point, trying to stop users doing
something that would be slow... until it was discovered that the users
found an even slower workaround that used more memory and was harder to
optimize, because people still wanted to do what they needed...

So I'm not trying to stand in your way, but to explore whether there's
an acceptable workaround, and to understand, since of course the W3C
staff tend to get involved in formal objections.

Liam