Re: [css3-background] Restore box-decoration-break

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 00:15:36 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org
On 03/04/2014 09:12 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:
> I don't particularly care which venue moves box-decoration-break forward,
> but whichever path gets to REC fastest would be preferred by the TTWG and
> Cox. It just seems to me that B&B3 is further along the path.

The box-decoration-break property was moved forward partly because it has
less implementation experience than the rest of CSS3BG and largely because
it fits better in the Fragmentation module anyway. I don't understand why
it's critical to move it so long as both specs are in CR. Backgrounds and
Borders is there already (effectively), and Fragmentation is almost there.

If there's some kind of problem that requires them being in REC rather
than CR, then what is it? Is someone threatening patent litigation?

~fantasai