Re: [css-font-loading] FontFace objects and the FontFaceSet interface

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 4:00 PM, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Tab Atkins wrote:
>> In particular, Array implies that there's a meaningful and
>> relatively stable ordering, so that the index is meaningful.  Since
>> that's not the case with FontFaceSet, I wanted to use Set.
>
> That's a bug, the FontFaceSet needs to be ordered, otherwise the
> unicode-range attribute won't be handled correctly.

I know.  The ordering is defined by the spec, and is exposed through
iteration.  Sets and Maps are always ordered, since they can be
iterated.

Regardless, though, the index is neither stable nor meaningful.  It
will change if you load more @font-face rules from stylesheets, for
example.