Re: [compositing] background-blend-mode on the root element

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:11:21 -0700
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>
On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 7:40 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
> My question is, should we keep it as specified and make a note in the spec
> that the root element behaves differently, or should we fix the
> implementation so background images blend on a transparent backdrop followed
> by matting and clarify the paint order in css colors?

Per WG resolution, I've edited CSS Color with your second suggestion.
Previously, the spec recommended that UA use "html { color: black;
background: white; }"; I've now added a *requirement* that the root
element have a transparent background by default, and a recommendation
that the canvas's default color be white.