Re: [css-align] Meaning of the "legacy" keyword.

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Javier Fernandez <jfernandez@igalia.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the last specification draft the "legacy" keyword was introduced for
> the justify-items property. ItÅ›  described in the document that "The
> alignment keyword, but not the legacy keyword, is passed to justify-self.".
>
> I wonder whether this inheritance applies also when the value of
> "align-self" is not auto. The specification does not mention that it
> applies only to "auto" values, so I assume it causes any other value,
> even the one specified by the user would be overwritten by the parent's
> legacy value.

No, it's only passed when 'justify-self' is "auto", as that's the only
value that looks at 'justify-items'.  This could possible use some
cleaning-up.

> I assume this because otherwise it would be the regular
> behavior of the justify-items, which is defining the default value for
> "justify-self" when using auto.

I don't understand what you mean here.  The sentence is defining a
*special* behavior for "justify-self: auto".

> I wonder also if the statement about "auto computes to" (there is a typo
> here because of a duplicated article) means also the retuned value fo
> the getComputedStyle" function.

getComputedStyle() returns the computed value, except for the list of
legacy properties that return the used value instead:
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/#resolved-value

~TJ