Re: [css-font-loading] behaviour of setting FontFace family, style, etc. attributes

On 23/06/14 01:12, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 10:46 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
>> What should happen when assigning to the family, style, etc. attributes of a
>> FontFace object?  Should it be something like the FontFace constructor,
>> i.e.:
>>
>>    1. Set the status to "unloaded".  Run the remaining steps
>>       asynchronously.
>>    2. Parse the string as you would the corresponding @font-face
>>       descriptor.  If it fails to parse, reject the status promise.
>>       Otherwise, queue a task to set the attribute to the serialization
>>       of the parsed value.
>>    3. ...
>
> Fixed now. It should just be done sync, and throw TypeErrors and do
> nothing if it fails to parse.  No reason to actually unload the font.

Thanks.  I think these setters should set the attribute to the result of
serializing the value, though, just like the constructor does.
Otherwise you would see this:

   var f = new FontFace("blah", ..., { style: "Italic " });

   // later, once the task to set the descriptors has run:

   assert(f.style == "italic");

   f.style = "Normal ";
   assert(f.style == "Normal ")