Re: [css-gcpm] content() function doesn't allow formatting of values

n 16.6.2014 16:56, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Let me be clearer, though: there is no way we'd add XQuery to CSS. It's a
> redundant query language that browser's are not interested in.

Just for the record I was not proposing to use XQuery, but XPath which
is already implemented in all browsers in version 1.0. For my use-case
supporting XPath 1.0 with added date/time functions from XPath 2.0 would
be enough. And there are already two implementations of this, if that
counts.

> Following
> its *model* for something is possible, but I think it's far more useful to
> align with JS APIs, as authors in general are far more likely to be
> familiar with JS stuff.

How in your opinion should be JS integrated into CSS? By using something
like IE's expression() or in a some different way?

    Jirka