Re: [css-gcpm] Idea for example 18

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:

> if I understand it correctly target-counters() should be able to
> generate multilevel numbers -- like 4.2.3.5. This numbering is usual in
> technical documentation and some academic papers, so example can show
> several nested <section> elements with headings.

I haven't seen an example where counters() can be used to do multilevel
section numbering, since the headings themselves aren't nested. This is
usually done with more than one counter().

target-counters() could be used to create a reference to the numbering
inside a multilevel list, which can use counters(). I'll keep trying to
think of a semi-realistic example for that.

Thanks!

Dave