Re: For printing: Select the element preceded immediately by a page-break?

On Tue, 2014-06-10 at 13:06 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 2:38 AM, Scott Arciszewski
> <kobrasrealm@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've run into a problem where, when I want to print a webpage, for only a
> > subset of document, I'd like to have a repeated header.

[...]
> How do you envision this working?  Selectors apply to elements, but it
> sounds like you want to *create* an element after each page break.  Is
> this right?

Note, GCPM and css paged media together give you a way to put text into
a running header or footer area (and also the sides - running arms?).

Web browsers don't support this today as far as I know, although
programs like Antenna House Formatter, YesLogic PrinceXML and the
opensource weasyprint do.

You still typically end up needing to insert extra elements in the
documents, but only one per section with the text of the running
header/footer in it, and only if it contains markup, as otherwise it can
come from CSS.

Liam