Re: [css-variables] a more "Classical" approach

W dniu 04.06.2014 17:19, Dave Kok pisze:
> <quote>
> IMHO, such css-variables are simpler to "define and comprehend", then
> the proposed "--*" / "var()", and do not open gates to "programming",
> e.g. conditional behavior other then "cascading". The original
> proposal does allow for "if (x > 5) this.width = 10", which I think is
> simply wrong.
> </quote>
>
> Many seem afraid of this programming in CSS. Personally I would like
> CSS to break out of it's document, style, logic prison in which it is
> only allowed to do the style part. And have CSS embrace the
> model-view-controller architecture in which it may do the view part.
> So you can have XML, JSON or whatever be the model, have CSS be the
> view and have javascript or whatever be the controller. I think this
> would be a natural next step for CSS to evolve to.

I think the tricky part is to wisely distinguish the View part from the
others. I'ts not as obvius as it seems. Model is "Static". Controller is
"dynamic". where goes the View? I do think CSS is very close to the
right balance between static and calculated entity.

And frankly I haven't seen any good ideas of borderline definition
between Styling/View and a Model, which are as simple and as powerfull
as cascading - which CSS builds upon.

-R