Re: [css-animations] Animations that start and end in the past

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 09:55:31 -0700
To: Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>
Cc: Brian Birtles <bbirtles@mozilla.com>, "<www-style@w3.org>" <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 9:24 AM, Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com> wrote:
> On Jun 2, 2014, at 7:54 PM, Brian Birtles <bbirtles@mozilla.com> wrote:
>> Again, I'm ok with (a) but is it odd that:
>>
>>  animation: anim 3s -3s forwards;
>>
>> Dispatches start and end and fills but:
>>
>>  animation: anim 3s -3.0001s forwards;
>>
>> Dispatches nothing and fills?
>
> I don't really see a way around this.

Well, the way around it is to define the behavior to not have
discontinuities, and just always fire events.  ^_^

While it isn't an absolute argument, this kind of API design question
has already been answered and documented in our wiki.  Unless there's
a good reason *not* to do so, we should avoid discontinuities.

~TJ