Re: [css-text] I18N-ISSUE-337: line terminator handling

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:06:38 -0400
To: John C Klensin <john+w3c@jck.com>
Cc: CSS WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>, www International <www-international@w3.org>
John C Klensin scripsit:

> (i) Unless there is general consensus that Unicode's attempt to
> introduce an unambiguous Line Separator in form of U+2028 has
> been a complete failure,

I don't think there's any doubt: it is a complete failure.  It
was a paradigm case of "There are N ways to do it, so we sit down
to set up a standard.  Now there are N+1 ways to do it."

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@ccil.org
The internet is a web of tiny tyrannies giving an illusion of anarchy.