Re: [CSSOM View] Extensions to Element.scrollLeft and Element.scrollTop are not valid WebIDL

On 7/30/14, 5:45 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> I don't think this signature is quite right.  It requires you to set
> both x and y, while setting the attributes lets you do only one or the
> other if you want.

Note that the signature could just make x and y optional, but that still
means needing to pass undefined when you want to not scroll in the
corresponding direction.

> I'd prefer subclassing ScrollOptions into containing top/left members,
> and having scrollTo just take a ScrollOptions object.  Give top/left a
> default of null

Why?  Just have missing values mean "no scrolling"; no need for null.

-Boris