Re: [css-syntax] Do not require digits after decimal point for number tokens

On 7/30/14, 2:49 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:

>>>Actually, I just realized my example doesn't demonstrate what I meant.
>>>The numbers should have been 2px to 2.1px:
>>>
>>>2px|
>>>2|px
>>>2.|px
>>>2.1|px
>>>

>> It seems to me that this should be a fix in the tools that allow
>> live-editing of values. I think it would be bad to allow 2.px as a value
>> in a stylesheet. Just 2. by itself might be OK, but that’s not going far
>> enough to solve your use case.
>
>Why would 2.px be bad?

Looks like an error to me, but if that’s just me I’m fine with this. I
suppose we’d be making work for libraries that parse CSS strings.

It just seems to me like an affordance that should be implemented at the
tool level rather than extending the grammar.

Thanks,

Alan