Re: [css-figures][css-multicol][css-overflow] Ten CSS One-Liners to Replace Native Apps

W dniu 26.07.2014 18:38, Brad Kemper pisze:
[--------------]
> I think this would be expressed in CSS as an auto-width, auto-height
> container, with forced breaks at the end of each article, and
> 'overflow:paged-x'. But I don't know how you would get something
> similar if you wanted fixed height pages on the desktop that scrolled
> normally within each article, with vertical scrollbars as needed when
> the article was taller than the fixed height page. Is that possible?
> How would you do that otherwise, where each page was exactly one
> article? Would that only work with 'article { height: auto; }?

Speaking as an ocassional web-pages author: I would apreaciate if I
could css-declare: "body {column-count:1}", and as a consequence get an
"e-book reader" like page behavior, meaning:

1. vertical scroller *disapear*, and column height hard-equal to the
current viewport height.

2. horizontal scroller show up (if content overflows the one visible column)

3. scroll the content "page by page" horizontally ... with a little of
"sticky gravity" at the column-edge to viewport-vertical-edge alignment.

... and have it consistantly that way if I choose other then "1" for a
number of columns.

-R