Re: [cssom-view] Specifying scroll options for scrollIntoView() without the "top" argument

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 5:36 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 7/26/14, 4:28 AM, Simon Pieters wrote:
>> Hmm, hold on. How do we retain the behavior of scrollIntoView(undefined)?
>
> Argh.  Right you are.  There is no way to do that with a dictionary allowed
> as the first argument.
>
> Yay legacy APIs.  :(

Oh my god. That is just the absolute worst thing.

It's still possible to do, of course, if we're willing to abandon
WebIDL handling and just use an "any" type that is introspected in
prose.  I think it's worthwhile to have a hacky interface description
in service of a much less hacky interface.

~TJ