Re: [css-text] 'hanging-punctuation' and padding/borders/margins (was 'hanging-punctuation' comments

# Changed the subject to what we’re discussing.

On Jul 24, 2014, at 1:29, MURAKAMI Shinyu <murakami@antenna.co.jp> wrote:
> fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote on 2014/07/21 22:14:05

>> Good point. I'm not sure why it should exclude margins. I've added margins
>> to that sentence.
>>
>> Murakami-san, could you please verify if this is correct? :)
>
> I think excluding margins was correct.
> Border/padding are visible and hanging marks with them will cause
> line edges visually uneven, but the margin is different.

I agree with Murakami-san.

Even more, I started to wonder, maybe this could harm more than it helps. We might have discussed this before, but could you remind me what were the use cases of this definition?

One case that pops up in my mind where this definition could harm is:
  key { border:thin black solid; }
I suppose the period should hang.

/koji