Re: [css-scoping] Clarification about :host and pseudo-class combination usage

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 2:12 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>> I've been trying to decide how much of pseudo-elements belongs in
>> Selectors, and how much belongs in the theoretical Pseudo-Elements
>> spec we haven't written yet.  I should probably just put the syntax
>> and theoretical part into Selectors properly, to help make issues like
>> this clearer.
>
> I think you should assume that the theoretical Pseudo-Elements spec
> doesn't exist, and that pseudo-elements are defined in the various
> layout specs related to them, e.g.
>   ::before and ::after in Generated Content
>   ::shadow and ::first-line in Scoped Styles
>   ::first-letter in Text, maybe?
>   ::selection and ::placeholder in UI
> and Selectors can just index them all. We might not actually do this,
> but that's kindof where we're at right now.

Right, the *definitions* of each won't be in Selectors, but the data
model for them (and how they interact with the definitions of "complex
selector" and "compound selector", for instance) doesn't exist
anywhere either right now, and I'm thinking that belongs in Selectors.

~TJ