Re: [css-om][css-variables] exposing variables through CSSStyleDeclaration

On 28/08/13 18:41, Simon Pieters wrote:
> The CSSOM spec is probably wrong when it comes to how to deal with
> variables. I'll look into fixing it.
>
> I'm not sure what getComputedStyle should do. I guess include all
> "supported CSS properties" (i.e. excluding variables) and then include
> the specified variables.

To bring this back up: while you can get custom property values off a
CSSStyleDeclaration for a style sheet rule, you can't for a
CSSStyleDeclaration that is returned from getComputedStyle.  This is
because the definition of getComputedStyle says to return a "live CSS
declaration block" whose declarations include "[a]ll longhand properties
that are supported CSS properties, in lexicographical order ...".

Can we add the custom properties that are available on that element to
the end of the list, sorted lexicographically (which doesn't seem to
have a definition in this spec but which I'm assuming means sorted by
code point)?