[css3-ui] Does `resize` apply to generated content?

From: Lea Verou <lea@verou.me>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 22:43:34 +0300
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
I tested the `resize` property on various browsers today and the results were buggy everywhere [1]. WebKit/Blink shows a resize handler which does nothing, and Gecko is even weirder, showing a resize handler on the pseudo-element, that resizes the parent!

I posted about this on twitter, and some authors were not even sure whether the property should apply to generated content [2][3]. css3-ui states it should apply to “elements with ‘overflow’ other than visible” in the propdef table [4]. Does this include pseudo-elements? Is there an editorial issue here?

[1]: http://dabblet.com/gist/ab432c3f6a8f672cd077
[2]: https://twitter.com/leaverou/status/492388401141010432
[3]: https://twitter.com/sarasoueidan/status/492389394574102528
[4]: http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-ui/#resize