Re: [css-text] I18N-ISSUE-322: text-justify: auto should recommend international typographic accuracy

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:35:31 -0700
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>, "Phillips, Addison" <addison@lab126.com>
CC: "CSS WWW Style (www-style@w3.org)" <www-style@w3.org>, www International <www-international@w3.org>
On 05/23/2014 10:11 AM, Richard Ishida wrote:
> Thanks. There is a slightly stronger message in the second sentence
> of the auto section, but I'd still prefer to see the text of the
> example changed to make it clearer that the universal compromise is
> not really a *useful* compromise, and that UAs should (rather than
> 'could') apply more accurate typographic support where the
> language/script is known.

I kinda prefer to not use RFC2119 terminology in non-normative
sections like examples. There is a normative SHOULD in the
definition, though. I added some context, so it now reads:

   # Since justification rules vary by writing system and language,
   # UAs should, where possible, use a justification algorithm
   # appropriate to the text.

Let me know if that's good.

~fantasai