Re: [css-ruby] How should the ruby display types interact with CSS2.1 section 9.7?

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 14:16:02 -0700
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 7/15/14, 4:39 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> Yes, of course.  I just meant that if, say, there's some naked text
>> mixed with a ruby-text box (which I think wraps the naked text in an
>> anonymous ruby-base box ordinarily?)
>
> No, naked text is OK in ruby-text.
>
> Did you mean this situation:
>
>   data:text/html,<div style="display: ruby; position: absolute">Some
> text</div>
>
> ? or something else?

Sorry, let me be more detailed.

Without reading the spec, I think that the following markup:

results in the naked "base text" part getting wrapped in an anonymous
ruby-base box.

(If this doesn't happen, this digression of mine is invalid, but also,
I think that should be fixed.)

I just want to make sure that the following markup:

display:ruby-text>ruby stuff</div></div>

still ends up with "base text" being wrapped in a ruby-base box and
associated with the following ruby-text block.

~TJ