Re: overflow: repeat – Repeating Content for CSS

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Brian Blakely <anewpage.media@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> > it should be possible to build such an effect on top of some primitives
> that are lower-level
>
> As in, a DOM/JS API, or less sugared CSS?

I haven't looked much into infinite scrollers myself (perhaps Tab can point
at the current thinking on the blink team).  But for the general infinite
scroll case there necessarily needs to be some DOM/JS involved (loading new
content, etc.) so I think the brainstorming has mainly been in terms of
DOM/JS APIs.  That's not to say that there shouldn't be some CSS APIs as
well.  Eg. at a minimum there should probably be a standard CSS way to hide
the scrollbar (since it may cause more confusion than value in an
infinite-scroll scenario).