Re: regarding table-row styling (feature request)

W dniu 08.07.2014 03:49, Tab Atkins Jr. pisze:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 11:16 PM, RafaƂ Pietrak <rafal@ztk-rp.eu> wrote:
>> 2) is there a way to coordinate (equate) the width/height of TH/TD elements
>> in TBODY columns, so that those automatically get places at the same X-Y
>> position within every tile?
> I still don't fully understand this one.  Can you elaborate?

A crude visualisation is here: http://jsfiddle.net/fexp/9abQ7/26/

But actually my "goal" is to make those tiles into a carousel (a deck of
cards as I've described it in my email on June 21st). ... this
incidently links me to the other pending discussion on the list, so I'll
make my further comments there.

In such case (table-into-tiles-into-carousell), it's desirable to have
respective column boxes with the same vertical size - so that a
particular column (say: green on jsfiddle example) occupies the same
rectangle, no matter which row is displayed.

But on the other hand, as Patrick showed, the most of the styling of
tables into tiles can be done with css, it starts looking to me like I
may actually get the final touch with some javascript, and I'm done. So
I have to give ti a try.... but for the time being I'd assume, that no
more css support is necesary for table-into-tiles styling. thenx for all
the explanations.

>> 3) is there currently a way to "merge" the TH:content from THEAD into TD/TH
>> of each row in the TBODY so, that before or after every TH/TD there I'll
>> get, say: LABEL to build up a tooltip or actualy display/style that label
>> there (in the example I did "thead {display:none}", but only to simpliy the
>> discussin)?
> Kinda/sorta.  Using the 'string-set' property from GCPM
> <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-gcpm/#setting-named-strings-the-string-set-pro>
> *might* do it for you, depending on what you're trying to do exactly.

Yes, looks promissing. But on the second thought, I wonder if some
javascript wan't be suficcient here, too.

I would think that the issue is closed for now, as the restyling done by
Patrick really opened my eyes and the X/Y box-size coordination can
possibly be done with javascrit.

-R