Re: [css-fonts] defining font faces with an empty or white space only family name

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 08:44:56 +1000
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
On 08/07/14 08:31, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Whoops, I totally misread what you were asking, and then talked about
> it in a confusing way.  I didn't realize you were talking about actual
> CSS strings, specifically an empty string or a whitespace-only string.
>
> Both of those should be valid, per the current spec.

OK.  Should they be? :-)  At least for the empty string, given that
implementations seem to agree that the @font-face isn't defined, can we
make that an error that causes the rule to be ignored (just like the
lack of a font-family or src descriptor)?  And therefore |new
FontFace("''", ...)| as well.