Re: [css3-ruby] Section 2.2 step 7's provisions for inter-segment white space are odd

On 7/2/14, 3:05 PM, fantasai wrote:
> I currently have no opinion on whether an anonymous ruby container
> should encapsulate multiple segments separated by whitespace or not.
> If you have an opinion, I will happy adopt it into the spec.

I don't know what the expected use cases are, so I have no opinion on
spec functional grounds.

For tables, people definitely wanted consecutive cells wrapped in a
single table.  For ruby, I have no idea whether this situation would
even arise in a non-trying-to-break-the-spec way.

That said, making it work like tables sure simplifies implementation,
since the existing table stuff can be reused.  ;)

-Boris