Re: [css-shapes] Animating <basic-shape>s updated

On 1/29/14, 9:54 AM, "Alan Stearns" <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:

>On 1/28/14, 3:57 PM, "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

>>> r+
>>
>>Actually, it's not clear what happens with
>>   bottom calc(30%+20px) right calc(30%+20px)
>>
>>I.e. I could interpret that sentence as wanting either
>>   calc(70%-20px) calc(70%-20px)
>>or
>>   bottom calc(30%+20px) right calc(30%+20px)
>>It should be clear that we'd end up as the first.
>
>I think ‘omitting components when possible without changing the meaning’
>covers that case. If you don’t agree with that, do you have a suggestion
>for what to add to the <position> special casing?

Going through our testcases, the proposed wording above doesn’t say what
type to use for a missing offset in the 4-value form. So a specified value
like:

bottom right 10px

Could serialize to either of these:

right 10px bottom 0%
right 10px bottom 0px

I’m inclined to go with 0%, just because a percent seems more generic than
picking a particular distance unit.

Thanks,

Alan