Re: [css-regions] responsive and semantic use of named flows

On 1/25/14, 12:50 PM, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

>I don't believe your use-case is naturally a fragmentation effect. You
>see it that way because you're looking through the lens of CSS Regions
>:-).

In my use-case, content flows from one box (constrained by viewport or
content height) to another. I think it’s simpler for this particular case
to solve it using fragmentation.

>For example, a simple variation on your use-case would be to have the
><aside> take up less than the full width of the body, and allow article
>text to flow to the right of it. Then it's obviously a float and your
>region approach won't work.

I agree that removing the viewport height constraint changes the use case.
Saying a different use case can be solved by floats that exist today
doesn’t change the fact that the unchanged use case requires a more
complex float extension.

Thanks,

Alan