Re: [css-flexbox] Should <br> get lumped into a "contiguous run of text" to form an anonymous flex item?

On 01/23/2014 04:02 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:
> Despite what is alleged in the link, all major browsers do
> honor 'display: none' on a BR element

Thanks -- I hadn't tried that use-case. I've updated my general "is br
stylable" test page to include that now (and I can confirm that
"display:none" does work in Gecko, Blink, and Presto, at least):
 http://people.mozilla.org/~dholbert/tests/br-tests.html

> I think that WHATWG should change its incorrect definition,
> and should say that it is treated as though it was a glyph,
> and not as an element, except for a limited set of properties
> and values.

I like the idea of treating it as a glyph, though I don't know how well
that jives with having CSS styles apply (since I don't know of any other
glyphs that can be directly styled). I guess it boils down to the
details of what "treated as though it was a glyph" actually means. :)

~Daniel