Re: Ordering in 'animation' shorthands

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 5:19 PM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> Fixed in https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/rev/68697748c5cc .

Thanks!

> I left some ambiguity in the required serialization, but we might
> want to tighten that as well.  I'd prefer to just require that the
> serialization always output all the keywords (as Gecko does) since
> it's a pain to determine whether disambiguation is needed, and
> consistent behavior seems less likely to trip up authors who depend
> on the serialization behaving in a particular way.

We don't *need* to serialize every property value; the only real
requirement is that if the animation-name is a valid value for one of
the other sub-properties, that other sub-property must be included in
the serialization and must be placed before the animation-name.
(Similarly, if there's a non-default delay, the duration must be
serialized, and must be placed before it.)

I wouldn't mind requiring everything to be serialized, though.

> (I'd also note I found some interesting slightly-out-of-date-Blink
> bugs while testing its parsing and serialization of the 'animation'
> shorthand, such as the value parsed from 'backwards 3s forwards'
> being serialized as 'forwards 3s backwards'.)

I reported this, and suggested how we could test for it.