Re: [css3-animations] Missing definition for the term "animation properties"

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 16:55:47 -0800
To: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Wednesday 2011-10-12 15:39 +0200, Øyvind Stenhaug wrote:
> The term "animation properties" is not defined, and its usage
> appears to be inconsistent.
>
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-animations/#the-animation-fill-mode-property-
> "If the value for ‘animation-fill-mode’ is ‘both’, then the
> animation will follow the rules for both ‘forwards’ and ‘backwards’.
> That is, it will extend the animation properties in both
> directions."
>
> Here the meaning seems to be "the properties being animated".

I believe this usage is inconsistent with all other usage in the
spec, and should be fixed.  I've fixed it in
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/rev/cf1ae0fbbaa5 .

> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-animations/#the-animation-shorthand-property-
> "The ‘animation’ shorthand property combines seven of the animation
> properties into a single property."
>
> Here, the meaning is "properties whose name begins with
> 'animation-'". (There are other occurrences as well)

I've fixed the remainder of the issue by defining the term in
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/rev/deda8e62bf11 .

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,